Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorAsa H. Gordon Library Special Collectionsen
dc.date.accessioned2015-10-28T21:06:21Zen
dc.date.available2015-10-28T21:06:21Zen
dc.date.issued1949en
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/11286/581387en
dc.descriptionDr. W.K. Payne became the acting president of the college on September 1, 1949. The Regents of the University System of Georgia changed the name of the college from Georgia State College to Savannah State College on January 18, 1950. Dr. Payne became the fifth president of the college in March 1950; he served in this capacity until his death on July 26, 1963. At the beginning of Dr. Payne's administration, Savannah State College was granted membership in the American Council of Education. During the course of his administration the curriculum was expanded and improved and the institution was admitted to membership in the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition the academic program of the College was organized under seven divisions-- Business Administration, Education, Humanities, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Technical Sciences, and Home Study.en
dc.language.isoen_USen
dc.publishersen
dc.subjectAfrican American universities and colleges--Georgia—Savannahen
dc.subjectAfrican American College Presidentsen
dc.subjectSavannah (Ga.)en
dc.subjectChatham County (Ga.)en
dc.titleWilliam K. Payne, 1949-1963en_US
dc.title.alternativeDr. William Kenneth Payneen
dc.typeImageen
dc.contributor.departmentSavannah State Collegeen


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record