Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorAsa H. Gordon Library Special Collectionsen
dc.date.accessioned2015-06-24T18:12:59Zen
dc.date.available2015-06-24T18:12:59Zen
dc.date.issued1949en
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/11286/522777en
dc.descriptionDr. W.K. Payne became acting president of the college on September 1, 1949. The Regents of the University System of Georgia changed the name of the college from Georgia State College to Savannah State College on January 18, 1950. Dr. Payne became the fifth president of the college in March 1950; he served in this capacity until his death on July 26, 1963. At the beginning of Dr. Payne’s administration, Savannah State College was granted membership in the American Council of Education. During the course of his administration the curriculum was expanded and improved and the institution was admitted to membership in the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition the academic program of the College was organized under seven divisions—Business Administration, Education, Humanities, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Technical Sciences, and Home Study.en
dc.description.sponsorshipHall, C. W. (1991). One hundred years of educating at Savannah State College, 1890-1990. East Peoria, Ill.: Versa Press.en
dc.language.isoen_USen
dc.publisherSavannah State College (Savannah State University)en
dc.subjectSavannah (Ga.)en
dc.subjectChatham County (Ga.)en
dc.subjectAfrican American College Presidentsen
dc.subjectAfrican American universities and colleges--Georgia—Savannahen
dc.titleWilliam K. Payne, 1949-1963en_US
dc.title.alternativeWilliam Kenneth Payne; Dr. William K. Payneen
dc.typeImageen
dc.contributor.departmentSavannah State Collegeen


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record